Wednesday, November 2, 2011

When You Live In West Spokane

When you live in West Spokane anything can happen. It is not a nice area. Last week around three in the morning we wake up to someone knocking on our door. Three in the morning, it could be anyone. When David looked out and said it was our apartment manager I knew something had happened to one of our cars. Just as we suspected he came to let us know someone had broken into our car. When we went out there, the driver side window was smashed and there was glass EVERYWHERE. Our apartment manager had already filed a police report for us and said that the cops weren't actually going to show up. I guess not too long ago Spokane cut the damaged property unit so the police don't have the resources to do much of anything anymore. Thanks Spokane. So we taped up our window and attempted to go back to bed. Our manager assured us that he would listen and if anyone came back he would get them :) We didn't get back in until 4 and we get up at 5 so there was no hope of falling asleep. It was a long day for us. But thankfully the weather was pretty nice and we were able to get the car fixed that day. It was an unexpected expense but we were lucky there was nothing in the car for anyone to steal.




I guess we should have seen this one coming. We have the nicest car in the neighborhood (this is a really, really run down area). However, I do take consolation in the fact that my life is better than the person/people who did this. I have a future that doesn't include winding up in jail and smashing people's car windows for kicks. I have real hobbies. Therefore in the end, I win.

On a brighter note, everything else has been going great for us. I had another doctor appointment recently and I got to listen the heartbeat. It was at 150 bpm. I am 15 1/2 weeks right now and on Friday November 18th we go in for the big ultrasound! I'm so excited! I cannot wait to find out if our baby is a boy or a girl.

                                                                     14 1/2 weeks
                                                    
This past weekend we headed out to Greenbluff with some friends. Greenbluff is a place where there are a ton of farms so they get together and during October have a sort of festival. We ate super yummy pumpkin donuts and fresh apple cider. We also bought some fresh Honey Crisp apples. My favorite! I made some apple crisp out them and it was soo good. Next year we'll have to go back a littler earlier in the month. We went on the last weekend so there were only slim pickins left in the pumpkin patch. We had a great time.




For Halloween we went out and bought a couple bags of candy for the expected trick-or-treaters. No one showed up. I love seeing kids all dressed up, they are always so cute. But I guess when you live in West Spokane you can't expect parents to let their little kids come to some of the homes here :) We did dress up our puppies in cute costumes. Maggs was an elephant and Blake was a joker. They were so cute! They love getting dressed up. It's a little weird. Once we had the costumes on them they hardly sat still. So it was a little challenging to try and get a decent picture of them.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer about the car. We had our broken into too... no fun. Your a super cute prego Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. You don't even look pregnant. Lucky girl.
    2. You should name your child after me. Kpan can go either way.
    3. When you are apartment shopping, you should find a 3 bedroom one and I will be your bodyguard. I'm pretty sure I could have taken that guy out.
    4. Did you know they put a stop light on 7th and 2nd? Weird.

    ReplyDelete