Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thanksgiving!

So this year for Thanksgiving I went with David to San Diego. It was so fun! We were lucky and got to fly which was nice. It was great to take a week away from school and just relax with David and his family! It did go by way too fast though and it was extremely hard to leave. The weather was amazing. I wore a T-shirt the whole time and I only needed a light jacket in the evening. I loved the sun being out and warm, unlike Rexburg.

We arrived in San Diego Saturday night and on Sunday I went with David to his ward and met some of his friends. After that we went up on this hill that overlooks the city and you could even see the ocean. It was gorgeous.

Monday we went and rode a train thing. I don’t really know how to describe it. Basically this guy had re-created a little train with some old rail and built a huge track around his backyard. It was fun; the old man who had built it was hilarious. He loves his trains and he knows a lot about them. That evening we had a kid’s night. We all went to dinner at this place called Dick’s where they are purposefully mean to you. It was really funny. I think the waiter told me that I’m high maintenance and stuff like that. It made me laugh. Of course he didn’t once pick on David, which was unfortunate. After that we went to this huge arcade and played a ton of games. There was this one trivia game that we could all play together and that one by far was my favorite. David and I used our tickets to get this picnic backpack complete with speakers and plates! Awesome.



Tuesday night we had a girl’s night so David was not invited. Haha. We went to a ceramics place and I painted a snowman. It was a lot of fun. I had never done something like and I’ve decided that is something I want to keep doing because it was really relaxing. We also ate dinner at Panera Bread and got hot chocolate. It was fun to hang out with David’s mom and sisters and hear some more stories about him!

Wednesday we went to the Wild Animal Park which is an addition on the San Diego Zoo. It was really fun. We got to ride in these train/car things around and see all the animals. I love that stuff. By then end of the day we were worn out! Then Thursday was Thanksgiving and the power went out for a couple of hours in the morning but luckily it came back on and we had a great dinner!! That night we all went and saw the movie Blindside, amazing! I love that movie.





Ok so I might have some of those days mixed up? All well. I know Friday night we went and took family pictures. David and I on one of those days went to In N’ Out Burger, so good!! We also went to the beach, beautiful! Basically it was an amazing trip!! It was a much needed break from school for both of us. It was hard to come back to cold Rexburg and snow and school and homework. Only 1 ½ weeks left and then we’re done with the semester and off to Minnesota to spend Christmas with my family!

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you had a great thanksgiving with his family! you guys are so cute together! yay for only a few more days of school!

    ReplyDelete