Alrighty well on Sunday October 11th it all went down. David and I are in different wards and his meets in the morning and mine doesn't meet until the late afternoon. So he usually makes me Sunday dinners, which is really nice! On this particular Sunday he picked me up after church and he had made a chicken parmigian dish. It was so good! After that he took me out to Mesa Falls, we love that place and have gone there a couple times this semester. When we pulled into the parking area so did four other cars and David began to complain about that but I didn't really understand why it was that big of a deal? We walked down the trails to the waterfall where we were able to claim a bench. We just sat on the bench and talked and took a few pictures by the falls. By this time it was starting to get really cold so we decided to drink some of the hot chocolate David had made for us (now all the people were finally leaving so it was just us). We were just chillin and drinking hot chocolate when David turned to me and told me how much he loves me and how he wants to spend forever with me. Then he got down on one knee. You have to understand that David has “fake proposed” to me before and teased me about when he was going to propose so I thought he was doing that again and I was about to get mad. I told him to shut up and stop it because I didn’t think he was serious. And then he pulled out the ring and asked me to marry him! I said yes of course and ripped off the glove I was wearing so he could put the ring on my finger!
We stayed a bit long and took some more pictures because we were both so excited and then we left. On the way home David had made a mix of our favorite “cute” songs so we listened to that. Then we started the process of calling our family and friends. It was so fun to tell everyone! Once we got back to Rexburg we went to David’s apartment and had some sparkling cider to celebrate with some of his roommates. It was the best day! The thought had entered my mind that he could propose there and it would be a really cute spot to do it but I really didn’t think he would. I was pretty sure that he was going to wait until we were in San Diego for Thanksgiving.
Life has been great; I love being engaged and having a fiancĂ©! That took a little while to get used to and sometimes we still call each other boyfriend or girlfriend but for the most part we have it down. Planning the wedding with school has been interesting. Luckily my family is very willing to help out and we aren’t getting married until April 10th so that gives us plenty of time to plan!
This past weekend David and I took a day trip to Utah so I could get my wedding dress fitted. We also found a really cute engagement picture outfit for me so I’m pretty excited. We are having those taken the first weekend in November.
YAY! i love hearing these stories! i am really happy for you guys! april is a great time to get married :) i cant believe you found your dress already!!! you will have to update us more with pics of the ring too! love ya and cant wait to hear your wedding details as they unfold!
ReplyDeleteAwww...you are so adorable!!! I'm so happy for you. And I'm glad I got to read the story. :) I better get an announcement even though I can't come and I will show it to everyone and tie a string on it and wear it as a necklace.
ReplyDeleteApril 10th is my brother's birthday. So I will always remember your anniversary. :)
David is one lucky guy.