Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bring it on

I made it home! I left Rexburg on Saturday and headed to Boise to stay the night with my roommate Mikaela. It was nice going up the night before I had to leave for home to take it easy and hang out. We ended up watching the movie She's the Man and eating animal crackers...good times.

The next morning my Dad flew into the Boise airport and he drove me the rest of the way home. I really appreciate him doing that because there is no way I would have been able to make that drive alone! For the most part it was a pretty uneventful drive. We made great time...about 6 1/2 hours from Boise. Although it was pretty warm outside and the car has no ac so that made things interesting :) While unloading my things out of the car my dad noticed we had been driving on a flat tire...oops. A piece of metal somehow got in there.

By the time we got home my throat was absolutely killing me. I looked in the mirror and the glands in the back of my throat were almost touching and they had white spots on them. So I figured I had strep throat. I went down and told my parents so after a very small dinner of mashed potatoes and a little bit of corn (thats all I could make myself swallow) my dad took me into urgent care.

My strep test came back negative, however the doctor came back and said that I have tonsillitis. So this on top of mono...oh joy. It turns out I was really dehydrated as well so I had to have an iv :( I hate needles so much so I was pretty much scared for my life when they told me this. I was hooked up to that dang thing for an hour and they were giving me all sorts of different medication. I was not very happy. Although now that its over I have been feeling tons better and am now on some medication that will hopefully get me over this quickly.

Hopefully mono, tonsillitus, sinus infection and dehydration are all I have to deal with this summer. I'm really hoping nothing else decides to infect my body right now. I'm kinda over this whole being sick thing. I'm ready to go to California this week and not be sick! So we'll see how that goes. Either way, I'm ready.

2 comments:

  1. hey! oh i'm glad you made it home! i hope you feel better! i bet your diseases are better than the one I ad freshman year! ew remember! haha love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree!!! Tonsilitis. Are you kidding me?? I'm so sorry! That sucks! I had a really bad sore throat yesterday as well, but not THAT bad! Sheesh- and my strep test came back neg as well. Lame. I hope you start feeling better soon! And have so much fun in Cali!! You deserve it girl. Love ya! -Mikae
    ps- i agree, she's the man and spongebob animal crackers really do make for some good times :)

    ReplyDelete