Under the pressure of some friends and a sister I finally decided to start blogging again. My last blog was all about my experiences living in Ukraine for four months while I taught English so I decided it would be best to start fresh.
I haven't decided exactly where I want to go with this blog...I've had a few different ideas. I'm going to school in Rexburg right now and there always seems to be some type of crazy dating drama going on so I could go that route, they are some pretty funny stories...But I'll probably just write about what is currently happening, and maybe every once in awhile add a crazy story. We shall see...
My Spring semester is over and now there is a 7 week break before the fall term (my last semester) starts. My plan was to live up here and work at Lexington Law Firm where I have worked for the past year and a half. It seems like for me anytime I make a plan its not the right one and it changes...so frustrating!
A couple weeks ago it was announced that my work will be closing down. They are consolidating and moving everything to Salt Lake. I had the opportunity to go there and work for the break but the whole housing situation didn't really pan out so I decided to stay up here until the office closes. Last week I woke up thinking I had pink eye...went to the doctor and he said that he thought I had mono and to come back if I didn't start feeling better. Well over the course of that week I just got worse. Yesterday I went back to the doctor and had a blood test (I hate needles!!!) and sure enough I have mono...
I went into work after I found out and talked with my supervisor. They are in the process of laying people off so it was decided since I wouldn't even be able to work my full shifts that it was my time to go. It was really sad! I hate that job but I love the people I work with so it was hard to leave.
Now the plan is for me to go home. I was really looking forward to spending my summer in Rexburg but now I am really excited to go home and spend a few weeks with the fam! My Dad is going to help drive me home since this whole mono thing makes me really tired.
I had some fun plans for the summer like to go wakeboarding and tubing and all that fun stuff, but now with mono I can't do any of it. Cause apparently my spleen is enlarged and if I take a hit to my side it could rupture. Bad news. So I will spend my summer watching people have fun :) Hopefully in a few weeks the doctor will clear me and I'll be able to go out and participate in those activities. My family has a fun trip planned to California and Utah next week to visit some colleges for my little sister so I'm pretty excited that I'll be able to go with them!
Happy 13th Claire!
8 years ago
really? that's all i am going to say about this comment thing. lol
ReplyDeletebut like i was saying earlier, i am excited for you to come home. even more excited for us to go to cali so we can go boogie boarding in warmer water. that will be fun. unless of course we get eaten by sharks. or if you bust open your spleen, that could be bad, and mom = angry as heck. so yeah...
I like the new blog! I knew I could get you back into it!
ReplyDeleteoh i'm so glad that you started blogging again! its nice to be able to catch up! oh wow those great times we had in those dorms! I really do look forward to reading the dating drama and everything from school to MARRIAGE! ;) I hope you feel better soon!!!
ReplyDelete