Friday, July 2, 2010

Adventures

So David and I have been married for almost three months! Crazy. We are in Rexburg until he finishes school. Hopefully only one year. For anyone who has ever been to Rexburg you know one needs to get creative to have some fun.

For Memorial Day David and I decided to take a trip up to Mesa Falls. The drive out there is so pretty. It looks nothing like east Idaho. There are trees everywhere, it reminds me of back home and I love it. Anyway we were able to go and have a nice picnic and visit the spot where David proposed to me eight months ago.





This last Sunday was a gorgeous day. We decided we needed to get out of the house and go for a drive. Destination...no idea. After driving for almost an hour we found ourselves in Island Park. It is just past Mesa Falls and it actually sits in the worlds largest caldera which is pretty cool. I guess a huge volcano used to rest there and it collapsed in prehistoric times. Now it is covered in trees and the Snake River flows through there. We were able to hike around and explore. It was tons of fun although we did get eaten alive by mosquitoes! We also found a couple of nice campsites which we are planning to take advantage of sometime this summer. However, next time we will be prepared for all the mosquitoes!!








Frolicking through a field of wild flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment